[MPlayer-dev-eng] flv A/V sync broken

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Feb 20 12:12:52 CET 2007

Hi

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:07:20PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi

> > > flv1 doesnt support b frames so there should be no out of order timestamps
> >
> > I checked what was causing it. Seems that demux_lavf sets a fps value
> > but it doesn't match the timestamps. It sets sh_video->fps to 29.9700298
> > which makes video.c use a constant 1/fps frame duration, but average
> > distance between frame timestamps is longer.
>
> ok so what should demux lavf set fps too if not the guessed fps? exact values
> are not available for several containers
> and i thought someone said that the fps value doesnt matter ...

also avi sets fps to the value in the header while avi can contain skiped
frames aka longer frames then 1/fps, and i know that avis with skiped frames
where working last time i saw one

[...]

it is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make
their appearance in the world. -- Aristotle