[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vidix Status

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sun Feb 18 22:24:52 CET 2007

Benjamin Zores wrote:
> On 2/18/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
>> are you completely sure that all drivers work? when I tried external
>> vidix my radeon didn't absolutely work anymore
>

> No, as I can't test all.
> What exactly was you doing ? Can you post the result of -vo
> cvidix/xvidix -v please ?
>
> It appears that even when specifying to use external vidix, MPlayer
> tries to load the .so drivers from its natural path
> (/usr/lib/mplayer/vidix in my case).
> I had the same result than you until I manually copied the new .so
> files in this directory. Also be sure that libvidix/libdha.so are in
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH or so in order to use the right 2 libs.
>
> But yes, it definitely needs some more tests.
>
> Ben

after having installed a fresh svn checkout and made sure that the
right libdha and libvidix are loaded I obtained:

Radeon_vid: Found chip: Radeon RV100 QY [Radeon 7000/VE]
[radeon] Device is disabled, ignoring
Radeon_vid: Can't find chip
[VO_SUB_VIDIX] Couldn't find working VIDIX driver.
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

in the sources of the driver the disabling is due to this block:

if ((lst[i].command & PCI_COMMAND_IO) == 0)
         {
           printf("[radeon] Device is disabled, ignoring\n");
           continue;
         }

do you know what it is about?

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users