[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vidix Status

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Feb 18 17:13:02 CET 2007

On 2/6/07, Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:
> On Monday 05 February 2007 18:47, Rich Felker wrote:
>
> > Actually XV is faster if the drivers perform DMA..

Few info about vidix status.
vidix.sf.net has been converted from CVS to SVN.
I've merged 90% of libdha/libvidix patches that were applied to
MPlayer since the MPlayerXP/vidix fork upstream.

The remaining 10% changes are related to libdha/sysdep and
vidix/drivers/radeon_vid.c which have changed so much that it's really
hard to see what still needs to be backported.

The goal is now to import libdha/vidix directly to MPlayer SVN.
I've still a couple of changes to be done upstream for that purpose
but it'll require patching a bit MPlayer's configure script and
probably libvo/vosub_vidix.c (as for example vidix now supports DMA).
By this time, I think we'll be able to remove enable/disable external
vidix in configure as it'll always be external.

Also, I expect all vidix drivers to be part of libvidix (no more
dlopen) but dunno if I'll do it right now or after inclusion in
MPlayer's tree.

Anyhow, at the time being, please avoid commiting any changes to
libdha/vidix directories and better send them to vidix-devel in order
to apply them directly upstream.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama