[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 11 12:46:07 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 12:41:28PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> Nicolas George wrote:
> > As I pointed earlier, this approach has a flaw: if mplayer crashes (or if
> > the wrapper script is interrupted) or if mplayer is left in pause somewhere
> > hidden, the screen saver and DPMS stay disabled.
>
> Same applies if you put the same functionality in mplayer...

Which is exactly why I am for dumping the current approach, standard or
not, because it never worked properly. Instead use that mouse-move stuff
as ugly but for the basic case working legacy support, and using the
XScreenSaverSuspend (or whatever will be a sane standard) as the proper
solution.
Btw. I think scripts allow to define signal handlers, too, and they are
more likely to work properly than MPlayer's...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger