[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

A Mennucc debdev at tonelli.sns.it
Sat Feb 10 20:47:56 CET 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 09:22:22PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> A problem that we
> currently have is that gnome screensaver is not stopped, which is an
> annoyance for users.

yes (and that was already reported as a Debian bug)

and screensavers are not the only issue: on laptops, there are
power management daemons: I use the gnome-power-manager, and I configured it
to dim the screen after 5 minutes of idleness (but it could also suspend
my laptop); so MPlayer should also disable each and any power manager
around  :->  quite unfeasible, unless freedesktop can propose a standard

for a start, anyway, the fake-keypress may be a workaround

a.

--
Andrea Mennucc

"The EULA sounds like it was written by a team of lawyers who want to tell
me what I can't do, and the GPL sounds like it was written by a human
being who wants me to know what I can do."
Anonymous,    http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/420