[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PATCH [2/12] CoreAVC Decoder Support

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:45:07 CET 2007

Alan Nisota writes:
> ... The problem is that I don't know how to call win32 API
> functions inside DS_Filter and have them work with win32.c and native.  It
may
> be easy to do, so if someone could give me an example, I could implement it
> properly.  Again, I'm not sure it is really worth the effort though.

Well, I guess I'm not too bright.  I didn't realize that you can call WinAPI
functions directly from DS_Filter.c and it just works.  I will put together a
patch that uses EnumMediaTypes to set up an initial connection as well as
enumerating the allowed media types, instead of guessing at them.

With regards to Vladimir's question.  It would seem to me that win32.c is the
right place for DeleteMediaType and friends.  However, it apparently isn't part
of any DLL, and is instead included in the statically linked strmbase.lib, so
I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

For now, I'll implement the free using CoTaskMemFree() until the matter is
settled.