[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PATCH [2/12] CoreAVC Decoder Support

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Feb 9 10:15:25 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:02:27PM -0800, Alan Nisota wrote:
> Reimar wrote:
>
>     > 002srcdestfmt.patch: Use YV12 as the output format, and ensure
>    that a
>     > width/height are specified.  CoreAVC uses the width/height to
>    allocate
>     > buffers at initialization apparently, so this can't be postponed
>    until a
>     > final fmt is selected.
>
>    This must be set where either it is needed or makes sense, not just at
>    the end of some function that leaves it completely unclear why it is
>    there.
>    I would assume that there is some bug in DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt that
>    makes this necessary.
>
> It's not just 'some place'  It is right before the call to
> DS_FilterCreate.  As the comment says, it needs to be set during
> intialization instead of where the final fmt is selected (which is in
> DS_VideoDecoder_SetDestFmt)

Sorry I was looking at line 241 as the patch said, but that offset is
due to your other changes, the patch actually starts around line 150.
I don't like it in so far as this approach will always work only with
one colourspace, if we now had another codec that behaves just as stupid
but gives RGB output we could never both get to work.
Such a situation seems unlikely so it's not critical but still :-(

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger