[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: PATCH [0/12] CoreAVCDecoder support

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Feb 9 04:47:41 CET 2007

Alan Nisota <alannisota <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It has been a while, but I've been requested to post an updated set of
> patches for CoreAVC support.

nice! thanks.

maybe this time some things will get accepted, there are more win32 activities
in mplayer lately.

> Performance is much better than with the previous patches on multi-cpu
> systems, as I have enabled multi-CPU support, and CoreAVC is capable of
> taking advantage of it.
> CoreAVC supports MBAFF, PAFF and PAFF+MBAFF (the latter 2 aren't
> supported at all by mplayer today)

i wonder if you have any mingw mplayer binaries with the coreavc patchset
applied? or if you know that it builds on win32 ok?

also do you have any current benchmarks for us ? i know i'm asking a lot, but
providing specific samples where coreavc is faster will also be appreciated.

-compn