[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] subtitle code in mencoder

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 8 15:40:43 CET 2007

Hello,
On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 03:16:45PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
[...]
> There is some weird bug though: the first time a subtitle appears almost
> the whole picture is overwritten with black...

Not related to mencoder, it's a vf_expand bug and happens the same way
with mplayer.
Actually, there are two problems:
1) expand only works when I use -noslices
2) in vf_expand.c get_image must be disabled completely if OSD is
enabled and MP_IMGFLAG_PRESERVE set, because the fact that we do not
need to draw an OSD when get_image is called does not mean that this is
still the case when we get this mpi in put_image.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger