[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] kde screensaver stuff using system()

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 7 18:24:29 CET 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 01:35:22PM +0100, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
[...]
> Using XWarpPointer(3X11) function you do not need to use any special
> Xserver extension and it should work with any screensaver and raw
> Xserver DPMS settings too.
[...]
> So for example XwarpPointer(display, window, None, 0, 0, window_width,
> window_height, distx, 0); moves the mouse pointer relatively to
> its current position only if it is inside my window. We can set

So if the mouse pointer is outside the window it will not work?
On my ubuntu even in fullscreen mode the taskbar is not covered, so if
somehow your mouse ends up there it won't work anymore.
I also have seen some window managers where pressing 'f' to go to
fullscreen brings MPlayer to fullscreen above all other windows but the
focus remains on the console window. Would this approach work there?

> pointer shape so it is invisible in our window and then activate this
> pointer movements for example one movement for a minute if there is no
> other user supplied mouse or keyboard events.

And what happens when the user right-clicks to activate the Gui menu?
Or just moves the mouse to the bottom to activate the
whatever-it-is-called in fullscreen mode?

> This solution doesn't need any new protocol or properties setting.
> Maybe this is a hack but not too complicated and it works.

I somehow doubt it will do more than "work almost" - i.e. like the
current solution but with less code.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger