[MPlayer-dev-eng] AV sync issue in progressive recording

John Donaghy johnfdonaghy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 00:04:40 CET 2007

Hi

I just posted an mpeg sample (Ugly Betty_WPTA-DT_01_02_2007_19_56_07.mpg) to
the ftp server that shows AV sync going bad at what appears to be the end of
a commercial break right when the signal switches to HD. This sample was
recorded using Windows Media Center to a dvr-ms file and was then converted
to mpg using DirectShow. WMP will play it correctly.

What I know so far is that:
  - the framerate is 60(ish),
  - the audio is ac3,
  - at the point of failure there is an audio error ("a52: CRC check
failed") and also,
  - a video key frame appears halfway through a GOP

All I can think of is that the switch to HD causes the problem but I'm not
sure how this should be dealt with.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this play correctly?

John