[MPlayer-dev-eng] Vidix Status

Benjamin Zores ben at geexbox.org
Sun Feb 4 17:29:02 CET 2007

On 2/4/07, Alex Beregszaszi <alex at fsn.hu> wrote:

> > So I was wondering if maybe it wouldn't be a good idea to:
> > - check for changes that have been applied to MPlayer and sent them
> > upstream.
>
> Did that several times.

Indeed, but it's quite a pain to have to maintain 2 trees then.

> > - remove the built-in vidix-lib and drivers to _always_ rely on the
> > external vidix.sf.net project
>
> > - or, as vidix was iirc originaly coded by MPlayer devels, host it on
> > mplayerhq using SVN, that would allow us to have an always up-to-date
> > vidix lib/drivers (and so keep it built-in) as it is done for
> > libavcodec/format.
>
> This would be the best.

I'll see with vidix.sf.net maintainers (for who they still are now)
what would be their opinion about it.
MPlayer probably is the main user of vidix lib but I know that xine
does too (i'm sure VLC doesn't, no idea about GStreamer) so we might
need to check that xine project didn't patch vidix either.

Diego, would it be technically doable to have vidix stored in mphq
through SVN as ffmpeg is ? I'd like your opinion before going further
on vidix devel list.

Ben

--
"My life, and by extension everyone else's is meaningless."
Bender, Futurama