[MPlayer-dev-eng] keyboard lock PATCH [1/1]

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 16:01:06 CET 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:41:13 +0100 (CET)
"Peter Poulsen" <peter at pgpoulsen.dk> wrote:

> This is my first code for MPlayer ever, so be gentle :)
>
> I have a cat that loves to step on my keyboard, and when I'm watching
> movies that is pretty annoying. Therefore I have made this small
> patch that locks the keyboard. Let me know what you think.

This doesn't belong to a movie player application. Better write a
standalone utility that calls XGrabKeyboard and eats all the events,
and launch/kill it via LIRC of whatever. AFAIR there was even some
algorithm to detect that the keypresses are caused by a cat, but it
has been patented in the USA :)

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka