[MPlayer-dev-eng] Code to download an ASF Playlist and AMD 64 Compile fix

iorrus mcdonnagh iorrus at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 00:59:13 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm new to this so excuse me.

1)
A couple of months ago I patched mplayer so that it would download multi part 'playlist' ASF streams for me.
I've done nothing with this so I decided to post it here in case anyone wants to take it a bit further. The code outputs each part into a separate file and adds a 1-, 2-, 3- etc to the front of each filename.

The core code in the asf_streaming.c file is good but the rest is gunk to enable naming the files differently. It doesn't support streaming play through the GUI  (although you can play the downloaded files) or MMS.

NB the code diff is for rc1 NOT rc2

./mplayer "http://asf_url" -streamdump -dumpfile output.asf

2)
Also I wasn't able to compile the latest rc2 or svn snapshot of mplayer on my AMD 64 running linux without the other attached patch.

 Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.