[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Bug] Analog video capture raises all kind of several glibc+process memory exceptions intermittently

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 00:49:03 CET 2007

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:19:20 +0100, thomas schorpp wrote:

>Reimar Döffinger wrote:

whoa, i can see flames on these mails a mile away.

>This is not suspicious but intended practice because of Your hidden
>QA-process (hidden "advanced-user" list, e.g.). This "closed"
>maintainer habit demotivates for any more contribution, too. sorry.

the -advusers list is hidden because really no one uses it. some devs
arent even subscribed. to make it clear: everyone should be using
-users list. the docs need to be updated if it is causing confusion.

>I've seen no distro-maintainer upstream forwards on any of Your lists,
>too. You call that a software product lifecycle QM-cycle? Well, keep
>it.

yes, its rare to see a forward on mplayer-dev-eng. but many developers
create new emails when sending to mplayer team. we appreciate less
cluttered or quoted bugreports and/or patches.

>> As reading "man 3 free" will tell this check is actually always
>> useless...
>
>So You guys always rely on docs for coding. cool. Thanks for fooling
>me, but I'm not that green.
>
>> And this is not the right list for bug reports unless they come with
>> a fix.
>
>See the QA system critics statement above. I'm outa here. Wish You
>well. Now unsubscribing.

thanks for your bugreport.
you posted it 3 days ago.
Date: 2007-12-10 20:28:46 GMT (3 days, 3 hours and 14 minutes ago)

please allow our team of volunteers to review your report within a week
before reposting or forwarding/crossposting to another list.

mencoder-users is the right list for bugreports, mplayer-dev-eng is for
patches.

if you have any ideas for improving our quality assurance/support/docs
please let us know.

>> Greetings,
>> Reimar Döffinger

>tom

you can also make a report on http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu
or in our irc channel on irc.freenode.net #mplayer

-compn