[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG?] Possiblity to display subtitle at once after a seek for soft sub in mkv?

Ulion ulion2002 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 06:06:20 CET 2007

2007/12/3, Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org>:
> Ulion wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > An user on irc has been annoyed for 5 years for this problem, soft
> > subs (in mkv, ogm) not get displayed immediately after a seek. He said
> > other player has no such problem, then this could be a ignored
> > feature. I guess those players may already load all subs into memory,
> > or seek to an earlier position to catch sub should be displayed at the
> > seek target point.
>
> I don't remember if Matroska has a way to know where does the sub that
> should be displayed currently, start (something like a sub index).
> If it don't, I doubt that parsing the whole file, or even seeking back
> to try to find a sub would be something acceptable.

Any detail advice how to do that, such like how to change that code
seeking back about 10 seconds and demux only subtitle stream until the
seek target pts? I'm not familar with demuxers, so if with your
advice, I may do that?

> > I don't known whether mplayer has any chance make this?
>
> Even if there is a proper way to do it, I'm not interested to do it
> for MPlayer demuxer. Doing it for lavf demuxer would be more useful
> in the long-run.

I'd like to see lavf demuxer support that feature, will it be soon?

--
Ulion