[MPlayer-dev-eng] Possibilitiy to specify alsa output "default:CARD=Headset"]

Philipp Kolmann philipp at kolmann.at
Wed Aug 29 13:40:47 CEST 2007

Sorry, it took me so long to reply. Now I tested your suggestions.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 09:14:49AM +0200, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Philipp Kolmann wrote:
> > Problem is, that I have to substitute the ":" to "=" in the config to
> > work. In libao2/ao_alsa.c 238++ the "="'s are set to ":". But also the
> > second "=". So alsalib doesn't recognize the device.
> >
> > Is there a possibility to have another subst char for "="?
>
> I'd rather use "#" instead of "+" because it's somewhat similar to "=".

"#" is comment. I also tried it with '#' first, bit this gets stipped
beforehand.

> However, I guess it would be easier to use "ao=alsa:device=headset" and
> to define the "headset" device in ~/.asoundrc or /etc/asound.conf, like
> this:
> 	pcm.headset = "default:CARD=Headset"
>
> This should probably be mentioned in the manpage.

This works fine for me. If you could add this to the manpage, that would be
great.

thanks
Philipp

--
The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog!