[MPlayer-dev-eng] Better handling of low FPS and still images

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Fri Aug 24 04:17:44 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 19:48 +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:40:52 +0300
> Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
>
> > [0001-Use-bitfield-instead-of-manual-bit-fiddling-in-input.patch
> > text/x-patch (5.8KB)] Use bitfield instead of manual bit fiddling in
> > input.c
>
> I don't have much time but I will try to review all the patches in the
> next days.

I'll probably apply them within a day or two. Of course any bugs you
find can still be fixed after that.

>  But for a start this, as pure useless cosmetic, is definitly
> rejected unless you have a very good reason (and "style" is not one).

It's code cleanup before the other changes (and those patches depend on
this one so it cannot be left out without affecting the others). I think
it makes the code objectively cleaner and is not a matter of "style", at
least not in the sense of "personal style".

Even if you disagree for some reason I think it's up to you to justify
why your preferred version would be objectively better. You haven't made
any code changes of comparable size in that file for years while I might
still need to do further changes, so I see no reason why your view of
its readability (or other subjective attributes) would automatically be
more important than mine.