[MPlayer-dev-eng] configuration patch to allow setting of ar from the commandline

Marc Hoffman mmhoffm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 16:15:14 CEST 2007

On 8/16/07, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:04:56AM -0400, Marc Hoffman wrote:

> > > Yes.
> >
> > Done and commited.
>
> You (and I during review) missed adding the new option to the help
> output.

I will fix it. good catch.

> > I was thinking it might be real nice to configure
> > those automatically somehow.  I'm not sure how one might go about
> > this.  Here is a stab at it just so you get the idea.  Most configure
> > environments support this type of target option and default tools
> > setup.
> >

> > .e.g. given on the commandline --target=xxx-yyy-zzz then:
> > _cc=${_target}-gcc
> >
> > You really do need to run the commandline twice or, make it have this
> > type of semantics when its the first ac_option.
>
> I don't see why it needs to be run twice ..

So you can override it.  if we do it at the end of the the loop i.e.
just check if target is set and then setup cc, as, ... then you can't
set them by hand. (which someone might want to do)  If I put it in the
loop i.e. where target is currently caught then its commandline
position dependent. (which might be ok)

Thanks
Marc