[MPlayer-dev-eng] 64-bit issue in ad_faad.c

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 30 19:09:43 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 07:47:43PM +0300, Ismail D?nmez wrote:
> On Monday 30 April 2007 19:43:10 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Monday, 30 April 2007 at 18:43, Ismail Dönmez wrote:
> > > On Monday 30 April 2007 19:40:05 Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Nero claims its still GPL v2.
> >
> > Maybe they changed it back, I'll check it. But some time around 2.1 there
> > was an additional GPL-incompatible clause inserted into the license text.
>
> There is still that clause but multiple people from Nero claimed its still GPL
> compatible, so they can't possibly sue you for distributing it.

Unless that statement came directly from them in some legally binding
way (this absolutely excludes email) that statement is worth less than
a dead fly on the windshield...
And even assuming that they are still GPL-compatible, have you checked that
MPlayer satisfies the extra clause they added?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger