[MPlayer-dev-eng] bug

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 09:19:59 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 4/30/07, sandroemario at email.it <sandroemario at email.it> wrote:
> im trying to compile mplayer latest version taken from your site on freebsd
> 6.2 and this is the error
>
> cabac.h:513: error: can't find a register in class `GENERAL_REGS' while
> reloading `asm'
> gmake[1]: *** [cabac.o] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mplayer/work/MPlayer-1.0rc1/libavcodec'
> gmake: *** [libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /root/mplayer.
> *** Error code 1

This mailing list isn't meant to be used to report bugs. Please use
mplayer-users for this.

In addition, you are really telling us little about what you did to
get this error. You should follow the bug reporting guidelines here
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html

Since your problem is known, I'm gonna spare you much effort by
advising you to append -fomit-frame-pointer to you compiler options.

Guillaume
--
Rich, you're forgetting one thing here: *everybody* except you is
stupid.