[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] hack around desync on OSS pause

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.com
Sun Apr 29 02:54:29 CEST 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 at 18:45, Compn wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 02:07:09 +0200, Reimar Döffinger scribed:
>
> >Hello,
> >On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 01:32:43AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>
> can you make it optional? like -framestep-audio-hack ...
>
> this way you dont change current behaviour (reguardless who is right)
> and anyone that has this problem can use the option.

I would say, such a philosophy would make create a jungle of parameters
in the future. There must be a deterministic way of doing it, is there ?
I.e. a well specified way to achieve such a simple audio pause function,
like filling the buffer with quiet PCM data and then stop the engine
and reset it.

AS somebody else said it allready, if it's a driver bug, let 'em fix it.
Thats better than to mystify the code.

Just my dispensable blabering ;-)

Sven