[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] [Bug] Choppy video in mplayer svn

Mrc Gran mrc.gran at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 20:33:05 CEST 2007

On 4/15/07, Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/4/15, Mrc Gran <mrc.gran at gmail.com>:

> `man mplayer`  use '/' for search.
> look up for "-bandwidth"
> The value from it seems to be used (also) in streams/asf_streaming.c

Hi, Ivan. I already tried to use this parameter. I didn't check the code,
but anyway for me it doesn't make any difference. If you have the time,
please try this

mplayer -playlist "
http://playervideo.globo.com/webmedia/GMCMidiaASX?midiaId=650349|banda=N|ext.asx"
-cache 1024 -cache-min 90 -bandwidth 200000

and modify the bandwidth parameter at will (e.g. 50000, 900000). The video
will become choppy after a few seconds, after you watch the buffer
relentlessly be consumed until it is zeroed.

what I don't  get is why the same url works in other players. where is the
difference in mplayer?

cheers,
Marcus