[MPlayer-dev-eng] Mplayer Validation List for Release Versions?

Compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 01:15:56 CEST 2007

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 23:46:02 +0100, Mrc Gran scribed:

>Hello,
>Is there any validation list available for mplayer?
>Steps that should be checked before a release, videos (local files and
>specific urls (rstp, mms, asx, m3u etc)) that should play without
>problems, results of conversions to check against, etc?
>I couldn't find info about this subject.
>Thanks,
>Marcus Granado

there is no testsuite or regression tests for mplayer.

for a release, the devs pick an svn number and have everyone
test it with the local files they have... if it works and compiles
on all arches, then its named as a release and uploaded to the public.

a testsuite for mplayer would be very large since mplayer supports
many many formats and codecs. just take a look at the samples repo
to see how large it could get! http://samples.mplayerhq.hu

some of this information can be found in
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/tech/release-howto.txt
but it needs to be updated.

-compn