[MPlayer-dev-eng] Precised/exact/to the frame seeking (-ss) in mencoder

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Apr 11 23:15:53 CEST 2007

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:21:55 +0800
"Sam Wong" <sam at hellosam.net> wrote:

> I just hope people won't stop reply because they miss your 2nd message...

Don't worry. Those people who really matter read all the mails here.

> Appreciated if someone could really take a look at this, as I was just
> copy-and-pasting the code around, I am expecting minor mistake like
> off-by-1-frame error.

I wont comment on the code, because i don't have much knowledge on
what's going on in mencoder.c, but the level of the mp_msg's should
be at least MSGL_V if not even higher. Otherwise it will clutter
the output of mencoder a lot.

It would be also nice, if you could implement something similar
for mplayer, as i often have to seek around just a few seconds
but often jump over a minute because of the nearest keyframe seek.

				Attila Kinali
--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ