[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 11 18:02:10 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 05:13:07PM +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> - multiplexing external audio into any stream with
>   -ovc copy -oac copy -audiofile xyz
>   doesn't work as intended at least for AC3 and DTS
>   (is this actually known? I remember reading something) (*)

-ovc copy -oac copy is something where always a lot can go wrong. I am
not aware of anyone using it with -audiofile though. I guess with AC3
and dts there is no proper packetization.
Unless it's a regression I don't think that really is release-relevant.

> - DTS decoder doesn't work correctly for mencoder at all (*) (+)
>   At least for MPEG2 TS w/ DTS. Plays fine in mplayer, but transcoding
>   to mp3 fails with strange results.

ffdts or ffdca? ffdts produces multi-channel audio, you can't put that
into MP3. Probably mencoder should warn about this though.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger