[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cache optimized rotation.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 10 12:19:31 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:06:36PM +0200, David Bateman wrote:
>  Your comments are for the tiled version of the code, and I'll take them into
>  account for a new patch, but of course would prefer to have the overriding
>  question of which version to base the future patch on. I suppose this
>  question does really even need a deep reading of the patch, just a feeling
>  of which version would be preferred..

Well, the simplest solution that works well enough is always preferred.
The second patch can probably be also better optimized of there are
streaming write instruction available that bypass the cache, the first
version there would have more cache trashing due to the block.
It also does not need tuning depending on cache size.
But neither performance nor complexity of a final patch are clear to see
in both patches, since at least in the first there are several
optimization possibilities and both probably can be simplified quite a
bit.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger