[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] rc2

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 9 03:33:54 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 12:23:09AM +0000, Arpi wrote:
> there was 2 ideas to solve this, one is using some 3rd-party memory library
> when compiling with mingw, the other is changing all the code (mostly in
> libavcodec) which needs alignment to do the alignment for itself, like:

One idea I've thought about that we should consider is making a libc
replacement for use on windows, which is actually C99-compliant and
has proper UTF-8 and sockets support. I'd actually be interested in
seeing the libc code I wrote be reused for this purpose - I don't have
the time or testing resources to write it myself but I'd be happy to
discuss with someone else working on it. Such a project could remain
at a 'wrapper' stage, just replacing the broken parts of MS's
implementation, or it could be aimed at providing a complete and free
libc on windows.

Rich