[MPlayer-dev-eng] mkezx patches (Was: mplayer zaurus patches)

David Bateman adb014 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:25:17 CEST 2007

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 02:00 +0200, David Bateman wrote:
>
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>
>>> Please send patches in unified diff format, not as context diffs.
>>>

>> Are you serious... Unified diffs and context diffs contain exactly the
>> same information and patch just as cleanly. Ok I'll bow to your whim for
>>

> Applying them is the same, but there's a clear difference when reading
> the contents directly from the mailing list.

Reading them anywhere there is a difference. Whether that difference is
bad is a matter of preference. My complaint is you are asking me to do
additional work to regenerate a patch set, I have 16 inter-related
patches and so regenerating the patch set is non-trivial, especially
when its easy enough to read the context diffs I sent. Ok next time I
regenerate a patch for you it'll be unified, but this is a trivial
reason to not even look at the code I sent..

D.