[MPlayer-dev-eng] shared liba52 and mm_accel macros

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 2 12:27:30 CEST 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 11:49:58AM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> on Linux, it's much more hackish (trying to execute an altivec
> instruction and trap SIGILL if it raises an exception.

No, for a library that is not an option, and it does not check if the
kernel actually has support for it (don't know if there is any special
support needed).
There is a correct way to do it, and it involves a third parameter to
the main() function. I forgot the details though.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger