[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: (your) MPlayer mp3lib changes to be included in a mpg123 release under LGPL

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 13:47:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 3/17/07, Thomas Orgis <thomas at orgis.org> wrote:
> Am Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:35:59 +0100
> schrieb "Guillaume POIRIER" <poirierg at gmail.com>:

> Btw... I have here your response:
> > I'm gonna port some of the interesting ASM routines so that their x86
> > version work on AMD64 (I'm not sure if I'll port all of them, we'll see)
>
> Anything new on that?
> While I know that the pressure for mpeg audio efficiency is not that big
> on gigahertzed and multi-cored athlons, it would be nice not to loose
> performance with the switch to 64 bits.

Yep, I just had a look at it today. Attached is a messy patch, not
meant for inclusion, that allows to use SSE decode code on AMD64. It
does so by moving array costab_mmx from decode_MMX.c (which can't be
compiled on AMD64) to a separate file costab_MMX.c.

I've played a couple of MP3s on my Hi-Fi stereo and as far as I hear,
there aren't any artifacts, which isn't surprising.

Now I just need to clean-up the part in sr1.c and it should be good to go.

Guillaume.
--
Rich, you're forgetting one thing here: *everybody* except you is
stupid.