[MPlayer-dev-eng] mjpeg yuv422 output from mencoder/mplayer

Karolina Lindqvist karolina.lindqvist at kramnet.se
Sat Sep 30 12:46:58 CEST 2006

I need something that outputs the MJPEG YUV422 format, that the zoran (zr,
zr2) drivers need, but I find nothing in the mencoder/mplayer programs that
can output that format to disc.

I tried mencoder with -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg which almost appears to do the
job. Except for that it does not accept format=422p. It can only do YV12
(YUV420).

The zrmjpeg filter can produce it, but I find no way to output the result to
a .mpg (or .avi) file, in neither mencoder nor mplayer.

Am I mistaken, or is there no such possibility?

I am asking here, since before I set about to make such an option, I would
like to know if it already exists.

Karolina