[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Q] How to build a universal binary for the Mac OS X?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Sep 26 12:59:47 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:23:40PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> FWIW, MPlayer OS X had 16000 downloads from www1 alone in August, 12000
> up to now in September.  IIRC we added another mirror somewhen during
> that timeframe.

Doesn't say much without the other numbers. Anyway I was only saying
that around the people I know OS X is very, very fringe.

> Anyway, calling OS X a fringe operating system is ludicrous, MPlayer is
> very popular on that platform.

Which seems weird to me, the latest information I have is that
a) MPlayer has extreme performance issues with AC3, basically playing
AC3 alone will cost 50 % CPU.
b) There are I think 2 open OS-X specific bugzilla entries about crashes
nobody cares about. At least among MPlayer developers it doesn't really seem to
be popular either...

For reference and since there seem to be so many OS X users here:
bug #515 and 531, 516 and 534 are probably G3 specific, 514 and 518 have
got quite some replies but no resolution, no idea about 353 and 319.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger