[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Q] How to build a universal binary for the Mac OS X?

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Sep 25 08:27:31 CEST 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:07:35PM -0700, JongAm Park wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just subscribed this mailing list.
> So, I would like to say Hello first. :)
>
> While I was building the mplayer - actually mencoder is my main interest -
> I found out that I needed a universal binary version. Can anyone tell me
> how to build it?

There's no support for "universal binary" in the build system.
Presumably you can build twice, once for x86 and once for ppc, then
combine them with some external tools... but why you would want to do
this is beyond me. Just building the version for whatever cpu you use
should work fine.

Also this question belongs on the users list, not the development
list.

Rich