[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer can't run under arm's framebuffer

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier at mplayerhq.hu
Fri Sep 22 15:04:58 CEST 2006

Hi,

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 05:02:37PM +0800, tony li wrote:
>
>>I am porting mplayer to ARM platform. And have compiled it successfully, but
>>failed in running under ARM platform. The problem is the following, anyone
>>have some idea about this. It is urgent.
>

> It seems that some sort of ARM port already exists:
>
> http://atty.skr.jp/WebSVN/listing.php?repname=mplayer-w100&path=%2F&sc=0

To be more specific, MPlayer already supports ARM platform, but
mplayer-w100 has some Zaurus/XScale-specific enhancements.

> Somebody should get in contact with that guy and make him submit patches
> to us...

I've already done so, and got no response.

I vaguely remember Attila saying that in Japanese, the way your
introduce yourself and talk with strangers is done in a very different
manner than we do, so we mostly look like rednecks when e-mailing
Japanese ppl.

... so I wish Attila could send a polite request in the name the team.

Guillaume