[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: Re: MPlayer + MatrixView

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Wed Sep 20 23:50:25 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:59:38AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 07:42:43AM +0200, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:

> > > BTW, I'll note here that I'd prefer not to have matrixview.c marked as
> > > GPL v2 only.
> > I made only some small changes, not touched the license,
> > you should ask Pigeon for that,
>
> OK, if it's not your code you cannot relicense it.  You can ask the
> author, though.
>
> > anyway most code in mplayer is gpl v2 only, what is the problem?
>
> At some point in the future we may consider GPLv3.  I'd like to have the
> option of doing this.
>
> > I known that ffmpeg has --enable-gpl switch, but never heard about
> > using more permissive licenses in mplayer code.
>
> You mean more permissive than GPL?  Then you've clearly never looked
> at it.

ok now I known what do you mean, "License as published by the Free
Software Foundation; either ersion 2 of the License, or (at your option)
any later version.", I was not noticed the v2 only and was thinking
about different licenses (like lgpl).

this thread is a reply to pigen message, so he can read this.
the problem may be different:

Copyright (C) 2003 Alex Zolotov <nightradio at knoppix.ru>
Mucked with by Tugrul Galatali <tugrul at galatali.com>
Ported to an MPlayer video out plugin by Pigeon <pigeon at pigeond.net>

so the question is who made gpl v2 only the code?

It's not my addon, so I don't want to ask authors for relicensing,
I only added win32 compatibility and pointed this ml to this.
If pigeon want he can take care of doing this, my changes really don't
worth credits, I taken some code from vo_gl.c and adapted to matriview.

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>
EDP Project Leader