[MPlayer-dev-eng] Add demux_nut to libmpdemux

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Sep 16 21:45:06 CEST 2006

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 09:17:46PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > Well, when is it going to be finally production ready then.  If you
> > > don't intend to finish it, how serious are you about NUT?
> > >
> > > Seriously, NUT is supposedly frozen, but libnut does not even have an
> > > installation routine?  I don't know if I should laugh or cry ...
> >
> > Hmm... how should it be installed I wonder?
>
> make install

No, I meant library issues. There's no portable way to make and
install shared libraries so you can either support shared libraries
only on archs where gcc -fPIC -shared is enough to do it, or forget
about shared libs entirely, or make a good portable solution. No
libtool is not an option.. Also there are install-time questions like
if/how to run ldconfig, etc.

Rich