[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: patch review proceedings

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:42:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/11/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> But what if maintainers were overwhelmed just by the patches or simply
> the work in their area?  There were 2500 commits to MPlayer this year,
> 600 from me, not counting the homepage and FFmpeg.

Wee! Diego for MPlayer CEO!

> Also, if I request changes and the submitter implements them, this is a
> good indication that will be possible to work well with that person in
> the future and that they will follow up if there are problems with their
> patches.

I'd like to underline what Diego is telling here. He's been very
nitpicking with me (just like with everyone else) about what he
expects from doc patches, which allowed me (I hope) to improve the
quality of my patches. Now hopefully Diego only has to correct my
crappy English and nothing else.
It _is_ a good thing to have high expectations IMHO.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!