[MPlayer-dev-eng] [win32, hwnd] Giving MPlayer a specified window to render in

Anders Dahlberg soetis at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 23:34:07 CEST 2006

Hello,

All of the following is windows specific, so if that's not in your
sphere of interest , you can stop reading now ;)

I'm having some ideas about a "pet project" (well...) involving mplayer
and java.
I know how to get hold of a hwnd, i.e. a pointer to a "win32 window" I
guess, of a java canvas,
what I'm trying to do is to get mplayer to render into this window
instead of it's own default window.
Thereby creating a video-capable java component an order of magnitude
more advanced than the current
options (among the best, I guess, is apples quicktime and suns jmf).

I've glanced a bit on the code in question (I guess mplayer.c and
Gui/Win32/*), but since the code is a bit hard to understand,
I would be very thankful if any of you hardcore mplayer hackers :P could
lend me a hand by giving me some pointers (no pun intended),
to where I should direct my attention?

Thanks in advance
/Anders

ps. sorry if this is off-topic? Thought it was a more devel than user
related question myself though.