[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Known regressions

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Sat Sep 2 21:32:29 CEST 2006

On Saturday 02 September 2006 19:55, Rich Felker wrote:

> It's not; the old code was just wrong. If you want to "revert" then
> make an explicit option to ignore the convergence failure since thats
> what the buggy old code essentially did. However I'm told that the
> problem only happens when you erroneously specify a bitrate that
> cannot be met given the qmin/etc. params.

Actually I got a different message the other day, informing me that
the bitrate chosen could not be met. If I don't remember entirely wrong,
people have reported that the convergence error message sometimes
goes away if you just change the bitrate slightly, so I think there's
something more going on there than just people selecting too low
or too high bitrates.