[MPlayer-dev-eng] RC1?

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 2 15:15:34 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:19:25 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> Moin,
>
> What happend to our "release schedule"?
> AFAIK everything we wanted to have in it is in there,
> beside dvdnav.
>
> Nico, Attila? What do you think? Can the code be
> merged in somewhen soon[tm]?

- Rc1 timeline:  there is no strict release schedule; late September is
imho the right target time if we want to do 1.0 (or any other release)
before the end of the year. If we don't care about it, we can delay rc1
with no problems.

- Planned tasks: for rc1 we planned integration of win32 gui, ass
subtitles, and dvdnav.
win32 gui is in and afaik working, ass is in and continually enhanced.
dvdnav probably won't make into rc1.

- Selling points for rc1 (in random order): win32 gui, ass subtitles,
color subtitles, intel macs support, faster h264, vorbis and fixed-point
mp3, experimental wmv3-vc1 native decoder. Eventually (it depends on the
timeline) native aac and amr decoders.

- More big patches: someone mentioned vf_overlay. Any others?

- Known regressions: i started a new thread, please replay there.

- Time from final decision to effective release: at least two weeks.

Let me know your opinions.

Ciao,
 Roberto