[MPlayer-dev-eng] Question about A/V synchronization.

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Sep 1 14:57:48 CEST 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:43:15 +0300
Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:

> > Because it causes sound distortion. Small corrections of the
> > show time of frames are hardly noticable, while the same small
> > corrections would horribly distort sound.
>
> Normal A/V sync does not drop frames. Framedrop is completely disabled
> by default, and when enabled only used when video is significantly
> behind audio.

Oh right. I forgot that. But anyways. Has anyone else noticed
that MPlayer sometimes seems to jump a bit? I don't know what
is causing it, it's seldom, but can be very annoying at times.
I only see an jump in A-V, and then it normalizes, no other
process eating up time or so, just MPlayer.

			Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ