[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] 6-channel AAC and channel reordering

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Oct 31 18:04:53 CET 2006

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>> New stuff:
>> * a little cleaner; better error checking
>> * remapping for 6-channel WMA (in ad_dmo.c)
>>   This is UNTESTED. I won't apply it without testing later, but somebody
>>   else can test it now if they want to.
>
> Yay! I can test it.

Thanks.

>> * remapping for 6-channel PCM (see below)
>
> Sample? Or can I make a sample with mplayer -channels 6 -ao pcm file.ac3?

You can, but the file will have the channels in "mplayer order" and not
in "microsoft order", unless you also apply the patch to ao_pcm that
Giacomo just sent (assuming it works).

There's also a file in the wild here:
http://www-mmsp.ece.mcgill.ca/Documents/AudioFormats/WAVE/Samples/Microsoft/6_Channel_ID.wav
from this page: