[MPlayer-dev-eng] off_t issue with MinG

John Donaghy johnfdonaghy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 17:37:26 CET 2006

Hi

I've been tracking down the cause of a bug that sometimes causes
seeking to fail in large dvr-ms files when I play them in mplayer
compiled under MinGW. It seems the problem is caused by the fact that
off_t is 4 bytes in MinGW  (at least in the version I'm using).

The issue occurs in the 'open_f' function in stream_file.c where the
variable 'len' is defined to be of type 'off_t'. If I change the type
of 'len' to be 'uint64_t' then it works properly. Is this an
acceptable approach or can anyone suggest a better way?

Thank,

John Donaghy