[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] split libmpdvdkit

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Oct 30 14:45:58 CET 2006

I'd like to split libmpdvdkit into libdvdread and libdvdcss.  I think
the reasons for putting both libraries together are largely history and
separating the libs should make upgrading and replacing them simpler.
At least the build system should get a bit simpler through this change.

Removing libdvdcss while keeping our internal libdvdread would also
become easier.  We may not like this, but it's a reality that many
distributions unfortunately have to live with.

Unless somebody convinces me this is a bad idea I plan to implement
this in the next week or so.

Diego