[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer compliling bug on Mac OS X usinglibdvdnav

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Oct 19 14:44:03 CEST 2006

sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:

> On 2006-10-19 02:48:26 -0500, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> said:
>

>> no, mpdvdkit is incompatible with dvdnav. Rather the external
>

> sorry, this looks like an incomplete sentence, could you elaborate
> please?  This is what my ./configure console shows:
> [...]
> Checking for VCD support ... yes
> Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... yes
> Checking for DVD support (libmpdvdkit2) ... yes
> Checking for DVD support (libdvdread) ... no (disabled by libmpdvdkit2)

thsi configuration is correct.
I meant that there must be a problem in the dvdread embedded in the
dvdnav library

> Having both dvdnav and mpdvdkit seem to compile+link+run just fine.

compile yes, run no

> MPlayer dev-SVN-r20290-4.0.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
> AltiVec found
> CPU: PowerPC
> [...]
> so I wonder why you say dvdnav+mpdvdkit are incompatible?

because using mpdvdkit with dvdnav will update the status of the dvd-vm
in the kit,
rather than in the dvdread embedded in dvdnav (as it happened to me)

>> leave alone stream_dvd.c: in this case it's not involved
>

> To clarify, my point was:  When --enable-dvdread is in effect,
> stream_dvd.c _is_ involved, but no code is generated for UDFFindFile
> on Darwin/OSX platforms due to the #ifdefs inside stream_dvd.c, that
> explains why UDFFindFile is missing at linktime.  I've suffered
> through this myself: it is clear as a bell why UDFFindFile goes
> missing as the OP logged the problem (no other module provides this
> function), I've narrowed it right down to having dvdread enabled at
> configure time (autodetect or forced).  I know you-all want to ditch
> mpdvdkit eventually but it's the only trustworthy dvd support I've
> tested for OSX right now (along with dvdnav enabled).

the right solution is improving/fixing the external dvdread (or the
dvdread in dvdnav)