[MPlayer-dev-eng] Please, tell me if my program is illegal.

xarion xarion at poczta.fm
Mon Oct 16 18:25:17 CEST 2006

Hello
I'm author of a program, that uses modified code of Mplayer (called Xarion Mplayer). My modifications are adding use of caca, aa, X11, GL, newer DirectX version, enca, xmms, some codecs and some bug patches for Mplayer code, so it was posible to compile Mplayer using Cygwin and use of differenet settings directory than home. All changed files are included in source.zip (directory with changed files for Mplayer-1.0pre8”, which is included in Xarion Mplayer instlalation directory).
My question is, if can I LEGALY provide my Xarion Mplayer with Mplayer included (with my modifications), or maybe users should download original Mplayer file from your site? I'd like to “sell” this program too, just for the CD and shipment costs. Is it acceptable for you, when I include your Mplayer with it? Of course my webpage (which is currently under construction) will provide free download of Xarion Mplayer.
In general instalation software of Xarion Mplayer constists of:
-         Xarion Mplayer
-         MPlayer (with patches)
-         Some Cygwin and X11 files
-         Win32 codecs files
-         DHA drivrer
-         Some fonts (unfortunatelly I don't know authors of them)
-         Mplayer readme files
-         playlist creator (written by me).
-         source.zip file

MPlayer was compiled with the following opitons:
./configure --enable-largefiles --enable-menu --enable-directx --enable-x11 --with-win32libdir=/codecs --enable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-dynamic-plugins --language=pl  --enable-shm --enable-amr_nb --enable-amr_wb --enable-mad --enable-aa --enable-gl --enable-xmms --with-codecsdir=/codecs --enable-sdl --enable-crash-debug --enable-caca --enable-xvid  --enable-sse2 --enable-mmx --enable-mmxext --enable-3dnow --enable-3dnowext --enable-sse --enable-theora --enable-liblzo --enable-libfame --enable-cross-compile --enable-crash-debug --disable-gui && make
Is it crime thing, if I add to my program Mplayer, some Cygwin files, DHA driver, Win32 codecs? If so, I would remove them from Xarion Mplayer install files. I don't intend to take money for my program, but only shippment costs (if you don't mind of course).
Regards, looking forward for your answer.

Michał Jaszczak

---
avast! antywirus: Wychodzace wiadomosc czysta.
Baza sygnatur wirusow (VPS): 0641-4, 2006-10-13
Przetestowano na: 2006-10-16 18:25:40
avast! - Copyright (c) 1988-2006 ALWIL Software.