[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Policy update

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 18:52:17 CEST 2006

Roberto Togni wrote:

> Hi all
>
> attached a proposed update for MPlayer policy, based on many events
> from the last months.
>
> Please comment and enhance.

> +12. Always send a patch to mplayer-dev-eng mailing list before committing if
> +    you suspect that the change is going to be controversial. Based on past
> +    experience, at least these changes are controversial:

While certainly commonly used, "at least X are" is not really good
usage. I might suggest something like "changes which are likely to be
controversial include:".

Missing "the" before "mplayer-dev-eng mailing list".

> +     - feature removal (even obsolete ones)

Inconsistent pluralization between "feature" and "ones". Either "removal
of features" or something like "(even if obsolete)" would fix the
problem. For that matter, "removal of a feature (even an obsolete one)"
is probably even better.

> +13. Try to keep important discussions and requests (also) on mplayer-dev-eng
> +    mailinglist, so that all developers can benefit from them.

Inconsistency - you use "mailing list" above, but "mailinglist" here.
The two-word form is the more correct one.

> +    Irc is good for quick discussions, but nodoby is there 24/7

Capitalization - "IRC".

Spelling/typo - "nobody".

Missing period at the end of the sentence.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.