[MPlayer-dev-eng] OSD problem (bug) stops (loops?) mplayer

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Thu Oct 5 20:59:18 CEST 2006

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 00:10:58 +0200
Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Paul TT wrote:
>
> > no, it isn't. slow, i mean :-)
> > with altivec enabled, anyway, it's faster, it makes up a lot of
> > artifacts and colors corruption... I didn't have the time, yet, to
> > find out if it's a xorg/x11 problem or mplaye rproblem, so I didn't
> > fill out a bug report bout it...
>
> Please send me screenshot, how to reproduce them and samples used to
> make them...
>
> lu

it seems to be a compiler related problems, this one, too.
compiled with gcc 3.3.6 images rot frame-by-frame, then restart to be
clean, going on this way...
compiled with gcc 4.0.3 the problem disappears.
so probably in the documentation the line which says that can be used
gcc version 2.95 and >=3.3
on linux/ppc should be used 4.0. :-)