[MPlayer-dev-eng] Revision 21164 broke Mac OS X compile

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Nov 26 11:51:58 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 03:23:42AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 04:37:21PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 01:22:20PM +0100, Tomas Janousek wrote:
> > >
> > > Diego's removal of -lfreetype and -lfontconfig broke linking on Mac OS
> > > X, it seems those two are needed there. Or is the problem somewhere else?
> >
> > They were not removed.
>
> They were in the case of --enable-*! Please fix this and all the other
> --enable options you broke!

We have a significant disagreement of how --enable is supposed to work.
IMO it should just enable stuff, leaving the linker flags and stuff for
the user to set, since correct flags are impossible to obtain without
running the autodetection tests, in which case we could just remove all
those --enable flags.
Like they work now, I at least don't have to hack config.mak and
config.h to set all those variable related to the feature but instead
can just set LDFLAGS or such.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger